Teachers, leaders and mentors are now able to gain formal recognition for improving their practice by using their engagement with Steplab as evidence towards Chartered Status with the Chartered College of Teaching.
If you're working in schools using the Steplab platform you can now gain recognition for the instructional coaching activity you're engaging with by completing the Development of Teaching Practice Award on any of the Chartered Status Pathways.
Chartered Teacher pathway
Teachers are able to submit their Steplab instructional coaching portfolio for assessment as part of a ‘Developing Teaching Portfolio’. The portfolio will include:
- A brief summary of research relating to their chosen area of practice (500 - 800 words)
- An action plan / action steps for two cycles of deliberate practice and evidence of feedback from a coach/colleague/mentor (exported from the Steplab instructional coaching portfolio)
- Two written reflections (500 - 800 words)
- A short video presenting sharing effective practice around the chosen area (5-7 mins)
Chartered Teacher (Mentor) pathway
Instructional coaches can gain recognition for the learning they undertake as part of Steplab’s Coaching Skills Builder by completing the ‘Mentoring Development Portfolio’ assessment with the Chartered College of Teaching. You can apply your learning from the Coaching Skills Builder, engaging in purposeful, deliberate practice to enhance your own instructional coaching skills in an area of their choosing.
Chartered Teacher (Leadership) pathway
School leaders can gain recognition for the learning they undertake as part of Steplab’s Certificate in Coaching Leadership by completing the ‘CPD Review Portfolio’ assessment with the Chartered College of Teaching. As part of the leadership pathway, you can apply your learning from the Certificate in Coaching Leadership to undertake a review of your existing CPD provision. While the review will look at CPD holistically, you can adapt your review approach to allow a specific focus on instructional coaching.
To complete and submit your assessment, you will need to purchase access to the Chartered College of Teaching and to your chosen pathway. This will provide access to an online platform containing supporting content, detailed assessment guidance and submission space.
- To find out more about how to gain Chartered Status with the CCT, click here: https://chartered.college/chartered/
- If you're a Steplab subscriber, you are eligible for a 10% discount towards your first year of Chartered College of Teaching membership. To access your discount, please click here: https://steplab.co/cct-membership
Jonny Goggs, Head of Partnerships at the Chartered College of Teaching:
“We are delighted to be partnering with Steplab, who provide a range of evidence-informed, widely used and highly effective tools to aid the implementation of instructional coaching in schools. This partnership offers those engaging with the Steplab platform a new route to gaining recognition for developing their teaching practice, offered by the Chartered College of Teaching. We look forward to a fruitful partnership with Steplab, founded on a shared commitment to enhancing teacher expertise.”